||Hanhart Company History
The HANHART watch factory was founded in 1882 by Wilhelm Julius Hanhart in
Diessenhofen, Switzerland, and later moved to the German town
Schwenningen, the center of German clock manufacturing.
Chronographs, wrist watches, pocket- and sport watches were
among the products made by HANHART.
Also the high quality pilot's chronograph is produced, which is increasingly
becoming an indispensable tool for the pilots. The chronograph, at this
time, is becoming
one of HANHART's main products.
After the end of the war, production came to a complete stop
and in 1948 HANHART did begin to produce again chronographs and stopwatches.
Until 1962 wrist watches have been produced - after that time, production
concentrated on mechanical and electronic hand-held stopwatches as well
quartz watches and alarm clocks. In 1997, administration and production
in Gütenbach in the Black Forest, where the famous HANHART stopwatches
have been produced since 1924.
Today, Gütenbach has become a high-tech center for research, development
and production for a wide range of sophisticated mechanical and electronic
time measurement devices. Hence, it seems appropriate to produce again the
legendary pilot´s chronograph as a replica in limited edition and also new
Chronographs and watches, according old HANHART designs, are now in the delivery program..
Original HANHART-single button Chronograph (New edition PRIMUS)
Source: Dr. Konrad Knirim
In 1938, the first model of the Hanhart chronograph series was produced
- this was the single button CAL. 40. Hanhart was the only manufacturer of these
single button watches in Germany, which were mainly used from the
"Kriegsmarine" (German Navy). On this, so-called B-watch, only
functions "start/stop/reset" handled
by the single button were required. Now Hanhart has restarted production
of a replica
of this single-button-chronograph, as the latest reintroduction of the
old Hanhart models.
The one version has a modified 7760 Valjoux manual wind movement and the
has a modified 7750 Valjoux automatic movement. The case and the dial
perfectly reproduced, with a small second and thirty minute counter.
The case on the automatic version has a sapphire crystal back and is equipped
red button and red chronograph hands.
Original HANHART- pilot chronographs since 1939
The reputation of HANHART rests on a 115-years' old
tradition in the manufacture of high-precision mechanical watches.
1924 HANHART started with the production of mechanical stopwatchs,
and in 1939, a pilot´s chronograph was produced. The watch became
for its precision and was eagerly sought after in professional circles.
Its characteristic features were the revolving bezel, a lifesaver for
pilots, the asymetric
button distances and the leather strap with safety rivets. The greatest
of purchasers were professional pilots.
After the 2nd World War even HANHART could not avoid the Allies dismantling
However production of the pilot chronograph restarted in 1948, in the
instance just for the French army and then later for the newly formed
German army forces.
Unfortunately production continued only until 1962, when the decision
to cease production of pilot's chronograph.
In 1997 the legendary pilot´s chronograph was again being manufactured.
However, this time in limited edition of only 2.500.
Original HANHART - pilot Chronograph (New edition ADMIRAL)
Beside the legendary Chronographs for professional pilots as well as
for marines, HANHART produced chronographs for officers and doctors.
These watches had a polished case with a fluted rotating bezel marked
red and a white dial. In the fifties these watches were used by
medical services, doctors, and officers of the "Bundeswehr",
as well as for time
measurements in all fields of sports in connection with the Hanhart stopwatches.
Due to its polished case and the white dial this chronograph was popular
with sports people as well as with elegant users. It was a multifunctional
watch for all purposes.
The new replicas of this famous watch are produced in manual wind and